- Following activation and when powered on, the devices will automatically collect and transmit to Veriot certain information, including the physical location of the device. Veriot also receives data about the use of the device and the accompanying application.
- Veriot will use this information in a variety of ways, including to provide the location-based services.
Veriot provides the website, online service and mobile application (the “Veriot App”) and the mobile device (the “Veriot Device”, collectively the “Veriot Service”). We do not provide the wireless connectivity that the Veriot Device uses to communicate with the Veriot Service. Please see the Terms of Service for information regarding the AT&T network.
Personal information collected through the Veriot App: Through the Veriot App we may collect your name, email address, date of birth, billing information and other personal information, as well as that of a child who may be tracked using the Veriot Device. We do not collect personal information from you unless you voluntarily provide it to us and we recommend that you use aliases to identify children you might track using the Veriot Device. By providing us with this information you represent that you consent to our collecting the information and/or that you have the right to provide this information to us.
Location-based information collected through the Veriot Service: The Veriot Device automatically and constantly collects information about the physical location of the Veriot Device once it is activated and powered on. This information is acquired through numerous methods, including GPS, cell towers and Wi-Fi. You may not disable location-based data collection while the Veriot Device is powered on. We may also collect such location-based information through your use of the Veriot App.
Non-personal or aggregate information that we collect: We automatically collect non-personal information from your use of the Veriot Service, such as IP host address, device-specific identifiers, computer or smartphone configurations, pages viewed, time and usage habits on the Veriot Service and similar data. It is possible at times when collecting non-personal information through automatic means that we may also collect or receive personal information that is combined with the non-personal information. While we will make reasonable efforts to prevent such incidental data collection, the possibility still exists. If we do inadvertently collect personal information, we will not intentionally use such personal information as if we had collected it with your consent. We reserve the right to aggregate demographic information collected from our users (such as the number of users in a particular State) in a manner which does not identify any one individual. We may share non-personal or de-identified information with any number of parties, including analytics companies, technology providers and other business partners; or combine it with data from other sources outside of your use of the Veriot Service, such as data obtained from Wi-Fi access points within range of your Veriot Device.
Therefore, we may use your Personal information to:
- respond to your inquires or requests;
- At your request, we may share profile information and information about your geolocation habits with members of groups you create or join. You decide whether this information is shared and with whom.
- send you information about the Veriot Service (such as promotions, maintenance or security information);
- send you a limited number of offers for additional products and services that may interest you, but we will not provide your personal information to third parties for them to contact you directly for their own benefit without your consent;
- permit our vendors and subcontractors to perform services; provided, they are under an obligation of confidentiality and do not use the information for their own benefit;
- (i) a third party if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) in response to legal requests by government agencies; or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss; or (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity;
- provide to a third party for their own use, such as marketing, but only if you have specifically opted-in to such third-party sharing;
- share with law enforcement and other parties trying to locate a lost child, including sharing the audio content of emergency calls, if any;
- develop and enhance our own data, such as through tracking the location of your Veriot Device, provided that any disclosures of such data does not specifically identify you, your Veriot Device or your specific location;
- transfer information in connection with the sale or merger or change of control of Veriot or the division responsible for the Services with which your information is associated;
Auto deletion of data: We may automatically delete data from a Veriot Device or from the Veriot App in connection with a returned or terminated account or device, or as necessary to protect against unauthorized access to the data.
Security: The security of your information is very important to us. We use reasonable efforts to protect it from unauthorized access. However, due to the inherent and open nature of the Internet and wireless communications, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties, such when transferred over or through systems not within our exclusive control. In addition, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account by using a sufficiently secure password. If you have concerns regarding the access to your account or your account has been accessed by someone other than an authorized user, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section, below. Your use of our Veriot Service demonstrates your assumption of this risk. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are authorized to have access to your personal information. For more information on protecting your privacy, please visit www.ftc.gov/privacy.
Personal information from children: While the Veriot Device is multi-functional in design and it could be worn or used by a child, our customer is the applicable parent/guardian or other adult over 18 years of age who has enabled the Veriot Service. By providing the Veriot Device to a child, you represent and warrant to Veriot that you are authorized by such child’s parent or guardian to enable and permit Veriot to operate the Veriot Service and collect and use the information from the child as stated herein.
Data retention: We may retain your information for as long as we feel that there is a business need or benefit to do so. This will include retaining location-based information.
Data Access: Veriot Data collected through use of the Veriot Device and/or the Veriot App, including location information, frequency of use and emergency contact information is generally maintained for a limited time and may not be available to customers for their own, direct access. Please contact email@example.com for specific questions about access to any collected data.
Other services: As a convenience to you, we may provide links to third party services from within our Veriot Service. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third-party services and such links should not be construed as an endorsement of any such third-party services. When you link away from our Veriot Service, you do so at your own risk.
Contact Us: For questions or concerns relating to privacy, we can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.